Skip to main content

Ice Cold Tales

The weekend came and went and so did Kirti. She was in Minneapolis for the first time since October when she left for Atlanta for her placement. She was gone for 4 long months. We had a great time and she was pretty happy meeting all our friends and me, of course. Few of our friends were already planning for us making sure we had a baby by the time 2008 was over. Those guys need to wait as we are in no rush.

Wifey wanted to eat all the chicken she could eat in the 2+ days she was going to be here. So all arrangements were made to satisfy the Great One. Chicken with Dosa (Friday), Thai Chicken (Saturday) and Chicken Biryani (Sunday) made sure she left happy from here.

Snow tubing was the plan on saturday. But the weather Gods made sure we didn't go near Wild Mountains. It was snowing badly and freezing conditions made it near impossible to get out of the house. But still, we ended up at Flaherty's for some bowling, pool and air hockey. Had a great time there with Mithil, Pallavi, Samrat, Mukesh, Abhishek, Sameer and Yogi.

Sunday was shopping day. She had to get a gift for Rohit and made sure, she got herself something too. Not a valentine gift though. We are past that stage in our marriage now :)

She is back in Chicago fighting the cold weather and would be moving to a new house next saturday as her office has moved. Next month we are off to Seattle for our niece's second birthday. It is going to be a very short weekend but should be great fun nevertheless.

March 1st is approaching fast and I need to be in top form to clear the CBA exam. The next 20 days are crucial if I have to pass this latest test. Good luck to me and all those who need it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please Help

While I have been blogging for nearly 2 years now and that visitors (like you) are fairly low in number, I would still like to know who you are. Although I know one of my UA friend is a regular here (and yes, it is you Hari), I don't know who are the other frequent fliers. If you choose to remain anonymous, that is also fine, but kindly leave a comment or two in the message box that is on the right side of the webpage. I am trying to get a feel for how often do you stop by. The reason I am asking you to do this is because I need your help. No, it has nothing to do with donations or anything monetary, but here I am in my third month in Bangalore and I am absolutely bored. I need some suggestions to utilize my time efficiently and effectively. Please refrain from suggesting using the gym or joining a book club. These 2 are not my cuppa tea. My mind is 100% blank about extra-curricular activities and I need some 'external' help. One of my closest friends had suggested joining...

Sunday Night Update

Watched the first presidential debate on friday night between John McCain and Barack Obama. Good timepass on a friday night, if you are into these things. I have been taking a keen interest in politics lately and it keeps the clock ticking for me after I reach home from work.  I am particularly annoyed and irritated at both these candidates on the Iraq war for always ignoring the fact that over 100,000 Iraqis have lost their lives. What wrong did they do? And there aren't too many news outlets that are willing to show the plight of (Iraqi) families who lost near and dear ones. That's obvious, isn't it? Barack Obama looks confident and ready moreso that John McCain to lead the United States for the next 4 years. Looking forward to the Joe Biden - Sarah Palin debate this coming thursday. Should be interesting to see Palin talk extempore without a teleprompter.  Back to some sunday night news here. For the first time in few years since I started following football, I felt bore...

What can I say..

Nearly a month into our return from “the land of opportunities”, I am trying to figure out the opportunities the Motherland has to offer. Being in India , the key thing I DON’T need to worry about is whether a company has to sponsor a visa for me, but rather will I find the quality of a potential new job satisfying and challenging and of course, how much moolah will I be offered. Having said that, one probably has to fight off the “slave mentality” of Indian managers here and the unsaid requirements of long hours at work (never a handicap but leaving the office at around 5:30 PM might still be considered “half-day” by certain nut-cases totally ignorant about the fact that the work-day began at or before 8:00 AM). Being a firebrand myself, it’s definitely going to be tempting for me to fight back (and I mostly will in my own subtle and sometimes not-so-subtle ways) to such Oppressors when the need arises. Almost every good paying position in my industry and whereabouts seemingly...