Skip to main content

Wassup!!

Inhales a deep breath....

Since the last exciting incident in my life (the fire, of course), life has taken a turn for normalcy to return back. With the hectic work schedules playing a major role in my life, getting the 3-day Memorial Day break was a great blessing. Met with 2 of my favorite people and had a blast in Sandusky, Ohio.

With camping, laser tag, bowling, Put-In-Bay, water-rides, cycling, endless barbecues, camp fires and recalling good ol' times of the past years in Minnesota, the 2+ days couldn't have gone any better. Had a terrific time in Put-In-Bay. Anywhere we went, we had great weather and a great party atmosphere. Extremely relaxing and a super time off from the mundane life we all lead. And truth be told, my occasional beer drinking took me out of my comfort zone this time around. I did have Sameer to fall back on, just in case. Alas, honeymoons don't last forever. On the way back to Chitown, we were greeted by the most horrific rainfall we have ever experienced. Timely reminder that days ahead are going to be anything but relaxing. Roughly 3 hours of the total drive was done in heavy downpour resulting in a near-crash on I-90 after reaching Chicago. Harrowing time that, I can tell you. Maharani passed with flying colors.

The complain remains from Kirti that I have to lose a lot of weight, an argument which I can never win. Hence to counter that, I have started to do 2 things. 1) Run (away from her) and 2) Ignore the constant buzz about how terrible I am :)

I do intend to lose "some" of the flab that I have accumulated since the days of my India (& Europe) stopover. I don't understand one thing however, Kirti and I were both under severe stress during our time apart. While I have become the Goodyear blimp, she has become the equivalent of stick figure (Sucheeta and Sameer can vouch for that). I have been tasked and warned to get back to my 2008 "shape", while she conveniently forgets that she has a lot more to lose by not gaining any weight. I have a "work in progress" status for that. And just like the never ending signs of construction work in Chicago, this too is going to be a tough out.

In good news, Kirti got a project at CVS/Caremark for 6 months. Great relief. After nearly a year of near misses and what-ifs, things are looking bright. Don't know how long this will last, but we are not going to waste our time thinking about what-ifs and what-nots. Thinking about the last year, it could have been easily possible that both of us would have been in India with a lot of resettlement issues. Things happen for a reason, elders say. While our focus and our family's constant reminder is for having one or more additions to Rajesh and Kirti (one at a time is enough for Kirti while I would welcome more, the future headaches not withstanding), we are taking one baby step at a time. Now is the time, but actually, the time is now.

In other news, basketball season is over, football does not start until September (sob, sob!!!) and I don't give a damn about regular season baseball. However, FIFA World Cup is here and it has been fun to catch up on some of the games. My favorite team (Die Mannschaft, guess this and you are amazing!!!) has 1 win and 1 loss but given their track record, it is safe to assume, they will be through. I am hoping that is the case.

July 4th weekend is about 2 weeks away and we have made no plans yet to do anything. Lots to look forward to this year. Keep checking back here for more. You will not be disappointed.

Exhales...

Comments

Anonymous said…
Why call her "size zero figure" a "Stick Figure"? She has taken special efforts to get there.
-Sucheeta

Popular posts from this blog

Here we go again!

Nearly seven and a half years since my last blog post, and now with the family in India (and me about to join them in a couple of weeks), I am reviving or at least attempting to revive, a passion of mine - blogging. So many things have changed since I last posted; parents visited twice (2016, 2019), in-laws visited once (2017), bought a house (2019), kids grew up (thank you Google photos for reminding us time to time what we created), re-connected with old friends, visited my brother (2021), changed jobs (2022), stayed State-side without a chance to visit India (until now) and of course, a world altering event in March of 2020 that brought everyone to their knees and reset how things are meant to be. While I am eternally grateful to have escaped Covid without any long term repercussions, especially with the family, near and dear ones, all in decent health - there were moments that were truly scary and confusing.  The kids, now 9.5 years old, have grown up so fast - and to see them do w

Sunday Night Update

Watched the first presidential debate on friday night between John McCain and Barack Obama. Good timepass on a friday night, if you are into these things. I have been taking a keen interest in politics lately and it keeps the clock ticking for me after I reach home from work.  I am particularly annoyed and irritated at both these candidates on the Iraq war for always ignoring the fact that over 100,000 Iraqis have lost their lives. What wrong did they do? And there aren't too many news outlets that are willing to show the plight of (Iraqi) families who lost near and dear ones. That's obvious, isn't it? Barack Obama looks confident and ready moreso that John McCain to lead the United States for the next 4 years. Looking forward to the Joe Biden - Sarah Palin debate this coming thursday. Should be interesting to see Palin talk extempore without a teleprompter.  Back to some sunday night news here. For the first time in few years since I started following football, I felt bore

H_LL_ M_MB__

H_LL_ M_MB__ No, your eyes aren't playing tricks and this is definitely not my version of Wordle. If you are looking for the missing "A, E, I, O, and U" that make up the Hello Mumbai title of this blog, well, I got news for you. They have fallen in one of the million different roads that make up the potholes in dear old  Aamchi Mumbai . Hard-working Mumbaikars might as well hold their backs as they get off an auto or their choice of torture mumbling "AIYYO", day in and day out, to and from their place of business. Lather, Rinse, Repeat. I now think that the glitzy high-rises that dot the city's skyline is nothing more than a smokescreen to divert attention of the occupants of a vehicle to avoid looking down at the craters that might put their lives in jeopardy! Hell, screw the moon, ISRO can land the Chandrayaan-3 near Airoli, if it chooses to. Same difference! Rightfully so, we pride on the fact that cashless payments have made humongous strides to make pe