Skip to main content

New President & Hard Times

Barack Obama is elected the president of the USA by a huge margin and he is probably the best orator I have ever heard talk. An extremely inspiring and a commanding figure. I have a feeling he will do fine as the president for the next 4 years and depending on his work, for the second term as well. Although he won yesterday, it would not have surprised me if John McCain had won the election primarily because of the "white rules" mentality that many have here. But not to be....

Hard times for the economy has got me worried about my job here with Wipro. Boston Scientific has (almost) pulled the plug on us and our services group doesn't have much to offer in terms of upcoming projects. Going to India is one option that none of the US hires even want to consider. Me neither...

Looking for a job in the 4th quarter of an abysmal economy during the holiday season with an upcoming India trip is the possibly one of the worst things that could be happening. Although losing a job in the above mentioned conditions will be the ultimate nail in the coffin. Lets hope we never get to that option...

Moving to the new apartment was smooth. Nice weather helped. Internet and tv were set-up after a week of moving in. Yogesh was smart enough to put together an antenna so that some channels were showing including CBS (need that for sunday football). 

Pending work at BSC gets tighter as Nov 20th fast approaches. Nov 20th is the d-day for our project here. Its going to be a train wreck for the next 2+ weeks...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Night Update

Watched the first presidential debate on friday night between John McCain and Barack Obama. Good timepass on a friday night, if you are into these things. I have been taking a keen interest in politics lately and it keeps the clock ticking for me after I reach home from work.  I am particularly annoyed and irritated at both these candidates on the Iraq war for always ignoring the fact that over 100,000 Iraqis have lost their lives. What wrong did they do? And there aren't too many news outlets that are willing to show the plight of (Iraqi) families who lost near and dear ones. That's obvious, isn't it? Barack Obama looks confident and ready moreso that John McCain to lead the United States for the next 4 years. Looking forward to the Joe Biden - Sarah Palin debate this coming thursday. Should be interesting to see Palin talk extempore without a teleprompter.  Back to some sunday night news here. For the first time in few years since I started following football, I felt bore...

Please Help

While I have been blogging for nearly 2 years now and that visitors (like you) are fairly low in number, I would still like to know who you are. Although I know one of my UA friend is a regular here (and yes, it is you Hari), I don't know who are the other frequent fliers. If you choose to remain anonymous, that is also fine, but kindly leave a comment or two in the message box that is on the right side of the webpage. I am trying to get a feel for how often do you stop by. The reason I am asking you to do this is because I need your help. No, it has nothing to do with donations or anything monetary, but here I am in my third month in Bangalore and I am absolutely bored. I need some suggestions to utilize my time efficiently and effectively. Please refrain from suggesting using the gym or joining a book club. These 2 are not my cuppa tea. My mind is 100% blank about extra-curricular activities and I need some 'external' help. One of my closest friends had suggested joining...

Of Snowfalls and White Winters

It snowed this weekend for the first time. Enough said, this is going to be a white Christmas and a long winter to look forward to. With every snowfall comes great complaints about short days and never-ending nights. Depressing to say the least. However, with all those years living in snow-clad regions it is about time we embrace and appreciate the beauty of all things white. Christmas and snowfalls bring about the colors from all the cities across the country with decorations lasting a few weeks to months into the new year. Winter wonderlands come up at communities inviting suburban folks to have a few smiles and gawk at the decorations. Heavy snowfalls are no reason to stay indoors. In fact, they are to be enjoyed outside by building a snowman and having snowball fights with close friends (and enemies if you can find them and entice them for a fight). Snowfalls are to be enjoyed on mountains where ice-tubing and ice-skating are as eagerly looked forward to as a sizzling summer aftern...