Skip to main content

Why So Serious?

"Why so serious?" asks the knife wielding Joker in The Dark Knight. If you seriously haven't watched the movie yet, I strongly recommend you do that. No, don't wait for the DVD or an online print, go watch the spectacle on the big screen. You will not be disappointed. It is not the same comic Batman that we have seen with George Clooney and Val Kilmer in leading roles. This is Christopher Nolan's Batman who also directed Batman Begins. This is Christian Bale's Batman who played the lead in Batman Begins and reprises his role as The Dark Knight/Bruce Wayne. And finally, this is Heath Ledger's Batman who is undoubtedly the bestest fit for this role. I can't imagine anyone playing the character of the Joker so viciously and making a comic book fantasy absolutely believable and astonishingly spine-chilling.

The Joker exploits Gotham City's resources to get to Batman. Not only to get to Batman, but to actually see who is the man behind the mask. Everyone's done a great job in the movie in which Gotham City looks an awful lot like Chicago. Particularly enjoyed the scenes where the semi-truck flips and the Joker dresses up like a nurse. Evil personified.

I will end this blog with one line from an awesome movie, "Either you die a hero....or you live long enough to see yourself turn into a villain...". There are lots more to it than super hero dialogues and explosive action scenes. This is a movie you will remember for a long time. Worldwide collections till date, $600 million.

Go watch it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Night Update

Watched the first presidential debate on friday night between John McCain and Barack Obama. Good timepass on a friday night, if you are into these things. I have been taking a keen interest in politics lately and it keeps the clock ticking for me after I reach home from work.  I am particularly annoyed and irritated at both these candidates on the Iraq war for always ignoring the fact that over 100,000 Iraqis have lost their lives. What wrong did they do? And there aren't too many news outlets that are willing to show the plight of (Iraqi) families who lost near and dear ones. That's obvious, isn't it? Barack Obama looks confident and ready moreso that John McCain to lead the United States for the next 4 years. Looking forward to the Joe Biden - Sarah Palin debate this coming thursday. Should be interesting to see Palin talk extempore without a teleprompter.  Back to some sunday night news here. For the first time in few years since I started following football, I felt bore...

Please Help

While I have been blogging for nearly 2 years now and that visitors (like you) are fairly low in number, I would still like to know who you are. Although I know one of my UA friend is a regular here (and yes, it is you Hari), I don't know who are the other frequent fliers. If you choose to remain anonymous, that is also fine, but kindly leave a comment or two in the message box that is on the right side of the webpage. I am trying to get a feel for how often do you stop by. The reason I am asking you to do this is because I need your help. No, it has nothing to do with donations or anything monetary, but here I am in my third month in Bangalore and I am absolutely bored. I need some suggestions to utilize my time efficiently and effectively. Please refrain from suggesting using the gym or joining a book club. These 2 are not my cuppa tea. My mind is 100% blank about extra-curricular activities and I need some 'external' help. One of my closest friends had suggested joining...

Peculiar Observation

Had been to the Hindu Temple today. One of the first things that I noticed about the temple parking lot was that it resembled a used Honda and Toyota car showroom. These two Japanese auto powerhouses have to thank the Indians all around the US for their exceptional sales. And this observation is true about any temple in the US. Pittsburgh Balaji Temple, Aurora Balaji Temple, Lemont Rama Temple etc are the few huge temples that I have visited and have been pleasantly shocked to see the number of Hondas and Toyotas in the parking lots. Lexus and Mercedes are also catching up. Seems the Indian diaspora is not gravely affected by the recession. They were/are smart about the money they earned. Talking about car sales, almost everyone from GM to Ford to Chrysler to Toyota to Honda to Nissan have seen their car sales decline by double digits. American automakers are struggling to sell their "bad" products to the consumers and this time unlike earlier years, the consumer knows better...